Who should concern:
- Undergraduate engineering students in the field of Embedded systems, computer engineering, and electronics engineering.
- Junior engineers and researchers.
- Armatures who are interested in building their own embedded system projects.
Training Module Structure:
- First Section: Embedded System Development Steps.
- Second Section: System Design Tools.
- Third Section: System Implementation Tools.
- Fourth Section: System Testing.
1. Embedded System Development Steps:
- This part discuses the development stages that each project should path through. Starting with the conceptual stage and how to define the requirements and needs to build the system. Getting through the preliminary design to determine the architecture and the main components of the system, then getting into the detailed design stage to build the system components and finally building the physical system (engineering model) and execute different types of tests to prove and accept the system as a product.
2. System Design Tools:
- This part focus on defining the tools that used to describe the structure of the system and the relationship between the system components. Some of these tools used to describe the system hardware components and others used to define the software components. Thus, only the tools that is related with the Embedded system design has been discussed here.
3. System Implementation Tools:
- This part focused on defining some of the tools that used for embedded system implementation, at both side of hardware and software. Beginning by presenting some hardware simulation software (CAD software), some well-known development boards and their IDE, GUI design software for embedded system and finally PCB design software.
4. System Testing:
- The final part of the training module discussing the testing aspects. How to define the suitable tests for the system, the tests that should be done at the sub-system level, what is the tools and equipment that should be prepared for each test and finally what is the acceptance test at the system level.